On this edition of Citi FM and Citi TV’s Effective Living Series, the Co-founder of LeadAfique, Michael Ohene-Effah touched on the top skills people need to adopt to be able to climb the corporate ladder in 2023 and beyond.
Speaking with Bernard Avle, on the topic ‘Top Skills for 2023 and beyond’, Mr. Ohene-Effah, explained that the world is changing at a fast pace with information technology and that people need to develop themselves to face the future.
The Co-founder of LeadAfique, underscored that speed and accuracy are needed in a working environment as the year sets in, as much of the workload will be computerised.
He admonished Ghanaians to acquire new skills, envisaging that computers are likely to take over people’s jobs in the near future.
Mr. Ohene-Effah highlighted some 15 key points workers can adopt in 2023 and beyond to remain relevant in the job space.
Technology use, monitoring and control: People need to leverage technology in the work they do. You need to improve your personal skills by doing online courses, e-learning amongst others.
Leadership and social influence: You should be able to rally people around a course. Let people know what you stand for in life as well as the things you are noted for. The time is now for people to develop themselves with skills by reading around, and getting a mentor or coach. Try to attend workshops.
Analytical thinking and innovation: Apply yourself by getting abreast with new things. Between 8am -5pm, give that time to your business that gives you income.
The 15 top skills Mr. Ohene-Effah enumerated include:
- Analytical thinking and innovation
- Active learning and learning strategies
- Complex problem-solving
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Creativity, originality and initiative
- Leadership and social influence
- Technology use, monitoring and control
- Technology design and programming
- Resilience, stress tolerance and flexibility
- Reasoning, problem-solving and ideation
- Emotional intelligence
- Troubleshooting and user experience
- Service orientation
- System analysis and evaluation
- Persuasion and negotiations
Watch the full interview below